CMgr - the mark of excellence
We know that high-quality managers and leaders lead change; they improve performance, embed strategic thinking into practice, exceed targets, and are role models to others.
Chartered Manager Benefits
The Impact of Chartered Manager
make significant savings
exceed their targets
develop new products
CMI survey of 535 Chartered Managers working in both large and small profit and not-for-profit companies.
The award of Chartered Manager is the highest status that can be achieved in management and leadership. Awarded only by the Chartered Management Institute, the award of Chartered Manager is recognised throughout the public and private sectors and across all management disciplines.
TFL Education have partnered with the Chartered Management Institute to bring this prestigious award to the education sector. The award provides school leaders with the opportunity to reflect on the practical application of skills to create impact, and evaluates expertise in leading people and managing change.
As an approved Royal Chartered Management Institute Chartered Manager Assessment Centre we are authorised to provide direct, quality assured, assessment and verification services.
Completing Chartered Manager enabled me to genuinely reflect on my effectiveness in school and celebrate my achievements through a truly professional process. It’s an excellent tool for professional development and the support of the Chartered Management Institute’s ambassadors has been exceptional throughout. I believe this is a great partnership between the teaching profession and an internationally recognised professional organisation.
David Cooper | Headteacher | Batley Girls’ High School
Could you be a Chartered Manager?
You will need to meet the following criteria:
Chartered Manager - Chartered Member Grade
*Degree Level Qualification and 3 years management experience
No Degree Level Qualification, but 5 years experience at operational or senior management level
Chartered Manager - Chartered Fellow Grade
*Degree Level Qualification and 10 years management experience, with 3 years at strategic level
No Degree Level Qualification, but 10 years experience at operational or senior management level, with 3 years at strategic level
Evidenced through academic certification and curriculum vitae
* University degree qualifications accepted (BSc or BA) or higher (MSc, MBA or MA, PHD) with Management, Leadership or Business at its core or in the course title. Additional qualifications confirmed by CMI include CEng, CIMA, ACCA, Chartered CIPD and NPQH.
What is in it for me?
* Chartered Manager (CMgr) gives you more than just post nominals after your name - it is a career-defining attribute.
* Chartered Manager provides evidence of your experience of leading people and managing change.
* Chartered Manager shows your integrity and commitment to ethical behaviour.
* Chartered Manager is a stimulus to career progression - helping you become more self-aware.
* Chartered Manager provides parity with other Chartered professionals.
What are the benefits of working with us?
* Your prior qualifications and/or experience are taken into account.
* You complete a written submission and follow-up conversation.
* You have a personal tutor to support and guide you through the process.
* You have access to the Chartered Management Institute's ManagementDirect online learning platform.
* You can be recognised as a Chartered Manager in under 10 hours.
Feedback from Chartered Managers
What do our current Chartered Managers think?
Click here to find out more.